All Provincial Dugouts,
ATTENTION: Old Bills and Adjutants.
Moth Pegram has applied for early retirement on medical grounds with effect from 30 September 2017 and National Executive are seeking a replacement for this post.
The requirements for this post are briefly as follows:
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST OF NATIONAL SECRETARY OF THE M.O.T.H.
The National Secretary must be a Moth in good standing, have served in an executive capacity in the MOTH, and as such must be fully conversant with the MOTH. General Standing Orders and Constitution, as well as the Standard Operating Procedures.
The National Secretary must have an unblemished record of service as a Moth, with a length of service of at least five years.
As the Duties of the National Secretary will include Financial Administrative functions,
he/she must have an unblemished personal record in terms of their personal financial affairs; in that regard, they must not have ever been convicted of any criminal offence, declared insolvent or presently be under financial administration. Additionally they must be in good physical and mental health, with no debilitating conditions; It would be a considerable advantage for the National Secretary to be under the age of 65 years, allowing the expectation of serving for an extended period.
- Must be fully Bi-lingual in English and Afrikaans.
- Must be resident in Durban or immediate surrounding areas, and have own transport.
- Must be computer-literate, with abilities in the use of Windows applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. Must be conversant with physical inter-connection Practices and protocols for office networking using printers, hubs etc. Must maintain currency of office computing equipment in terms of software packages/licences. The nominal roll database is currently being re-engineered, and competency with that software as it is developed will be a definite requirement in due course. Knowledge of the MOTH website will be an advantage.
- Should have experience in the use of the PASTEL Partner accounting or similar packages, and be adequately skilled in general accounting practices.
- Must have knowledge of the provisions of national legislation, must be able to study it and use it as a reference, in particular the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, the Labour Relations Act and the Occupational Health, Safety and Environment Act.
- In addition to his designated duties as per his/her Post, the National Secretary will also serve as the de facto Office manager, taking instructions from, and reporting to the National Executive; He/she will be responsible for the day-to-day general Administration and control of the MOTH Office Staff and the maintenance of the smooth operating of the Office.
This person must be of neat appearance, a ‘diplomat’ and may have to represent the ORDER at Local Authorities, Government Departments and the Public in general.
Applications including CVs and any supporting documentation must be made to the MOTH Office by 31 August 2017 to e-mail email@example.com.
Yours in True Comradeship,
To see official letter Click Here