The Memorable Order of Tin Hats (MOTH), founded in 1927 by Moth Charles Alfred Evenden (Moth “O”) celebrates 95 years of Mothing. The main celebrations this year will take place in the Mother City, Cape Town, from the 6th May 2022 to the 8th May 2022. Moths from all around the country will be attending including Moths from Zimbabwe. All around the country, for the full year 2022, Moths with celebrate this achievement.
In Summary, Main events in Cape Town.
On an administrative level:
- 100 guests may be catered for at the Social evening (Red Barn / ToTS Shellhole). Preference shall be given to out-of-town visitors before members from local Shellholes are invited.
- 200 guests may be catered for at the Formal dinner and special dietary options for the menu are available; if so indicated.
- 300 plus guests may be catered for at the Sunday morning parade.
How do you pay:
- Cape Western Shellholes and visiting groups should make consolidated payments to the Cape Western Provincial Dugout.
- GHQ delegates and those individuals who have booked via MOTH Office may make individual payments to the Cape Western Provincial Dugout.
- With your proof of payment, please list the names of individuals, the functions they will be attending and special dietary requirements.
- Payments to reach the Cape Western Provincial Dugout by on or before Tuesday the 26th of April.
- Please forward your proof of payment to [email protected] and / or [email protected]
- Banking details: Cape Western MOTH Provincial Dugout – Standard Bank – 270061517
- Please adhere to dress code at all Official functions
Availability of food and beverages:
- Light breakfast and tea-time snacks will be served for the members of the FNE on Friday 06 May for their meeting
- Light breakfast and tea-time snacks will be served for GHQ delegates at the meeting on Saturday 07 May
- Boerewors rolls / Hamburgers for own account will be available after the GHQ meeting
- Shuttle service will be available for GHQ delegates to attend all official functions over the weekend from the hotel accommodation
Important contacts (details available on MOTH website):
|Contact||Current Shellhole||Mobile Phone|
|Leon Robertson||Pro Patria||084 553 3527||[email protected]|
|Ricky De Wet||Battledress||0823311807||[email protected]|
|Leon Maree||Marshal Smuts||0607850610||[email protected]|
|Derek Berry||Tommy Rendle VC||0794771001||[email protected]|
|Mark Bester||Red Barn/ToTS||084 613 7789||[email protected]|
|Billy Hill||Dawn Patrol||0825725561||[email protected]|
|Deon Van Den Berg||Blaauwberg Cuca||082 456 6481||[email protected]|
|Garth Andrews||Blaauwberg Cuca||082 210 1903||[email protected]|
|Philip McLachlan||Marshal Smuts||061 900 3499||[email protected]|
Tommy Rendle VC
The Shellhole will be open on the 7th My for the 95th celebrations from 10h00 to 17h00. Boerie rolls with tomato onion relish will be available for members/visitors to enjoy at no cost. If possible please contact the shellhole with numbers for cattering.
- Saturday 7 May open from 12:00 till late.
- This is to accommodate all Moths and friends that are not attending the official function at Kelvin Grove.
- It will be a bring & braai. Bring your own cutlery, etc. If you are visiting from up country we will be able to accommodate you with the necessary utensils.
- Cash bar with YOCO payments available.
- Entrance to Killarney raceway and BBC Shellhole at Gate 2 off Potsdam Road (M5).
- Come and enjoy the camaraderie of your fellow Moths.
- Old Bill: Dave Morrison 0832693592
- Play Bill: Deon van den Berg 0824566481
- Sergeant Major/Club Manager: Juan Piek 0723026869
Dawn Patrol will be open on Friday from 16h00 till 21h00.Saturday from 08h00 for a meeting and burgers will be on sale after the meeting. We will stay open till 21h00 for a dart competition and for those who would like to braai. On Sunday the Shellhole will be closed.”
Pip-Ack Shellhole will be open from 13:00 to 17:00 on Saturday, 7 May 2022. Having been founded in 1928, Pip-Ack Shellhole is the oldest shellhole in the Western Cape and we look forward to welcoming you.
We are located close to Kelvin Grove Club which is the venue for the MOTH 95 dinner on the same day.
Snacks will be served.
Battledress Shellhole Central Circle Fish Hoek will be open on Friday 06 May from 17h00 to 22h00, Saturday 07 May from 13h00 to 20h00 and Sunday 08 May from 14h00 to 19h00. All Moth 95 visitors and local Shellholes are welcome to visit at their convenience.